Automatic inspection systems from Octum – robust and reliable detection and inspection of metal goods!
Automatic inspection systems from Octum have also proven to be robust tools for quality assurance, process control and traceability in metal processing. Our systems are able to handle the specific tasks regardless of whether square meter large oily sheet metal parts or very small precision parts are concerned. We have the right solution even when a 3D inspection or detection is needed. By automatic inspection according to objective criteria, our systems ensure a trouble-free process in material logistics, guarantee the traceability of every single product and make sure that only fault-free parts leave the production line according to your quality criteria. The Octum barcode reading systems on steel coils as a component of the quality tracking process also helps to avoid a partly faulty coil from being processed further and possibly damaging expensive tools or punching and forming products which will then be flawed anyway. Octum systems help to avoid processing errors even at speeds up to 300 m/min.
Examples of our applications in metal processing are:
- Barcode reading on coils as part of the Quality Tracking System of the steel manufacturers and their customers
- 2D and 3D part detection for loading and unloading of presses
- robot gripping area surveillance on casting coquilles
- 2D and 3D dimension, completeness, surface and assembly inspection
- Reading of DPM codes (DataMatrix) and characters on all parts
- 3D reading of plain text as a basis for the traceability of railroad wheels
- 3D reading of plain text as a basis for the traceability of railroad rails