OCTUM – innovative, competent, reliable and fair.
For 100% visual quality inspection and material flow management in series production, we develop and implement customer-specific image processing solutions based on technologies available and proven worldwide. A competent and committed team implements your requirements in innovative solutions for total process reliability. Cooperative relations and fair handling of customers and suppliers are very important to us. Building up and extending long-term business relations are a focal point of our activities. OCTUM has proven to be a very reliable partner from whose know-how you can also benefit.
Depending on the customer's requirements, we can supply just the image processing solution or, together with our partner companies, complete solutions. With more than 5,000 installed system solutions for reliable production, OCTUM is one of the most successful providers in the branch.
- Successful year with further growth of 16% compared to the previous year
- Very good technological and economical development in the pharmaceutical sector
- More than 4,000 OCTUM vision systems in use worldwide
- Expansion of marketing activities
- further successfull company development with expansion of the customer base
- successful development in the key sectors of pharmaceuticals and medical technology
- further expansion of the workforce
- new, technological ambitious 3D applications
- Founding of the company in Heilbronn
- Hardware and software development for signal processors in the field of machine vision, field buses and professional audio technology
- Market launch of the CV-300 image processing system for blister filling product inspection in the pharmaceutical industry
- Focusing on image processing
- First delivery of OEM systems for the pharmaceutical industry
- Market launch of the freely configurable CV-200 machine vision system for universal application
- OCTUM becomes a partner system integrator of the world market leader for machine vision systems Cognex
- Expansion of the portfolio to complete systems incl. mechanics, handling and automation for use in production automation
- Move from Heilbronn to larger premises in Obersulm
- Market launch of the PC-based CV-600 machine vision system
- Establishment of a mechanical workshop
- Delivery of the first surface inspection systems with line cameras
- OCTUM is "Cognex system integrator of the year for Central Europe“
- Delivery of the first 3D position detection for robots
- 10 year anniversary of the company
- Delivery of the first 3D inspection systems
- Certification in accordance with ISO 9001
- Delivery of surface inspection systems for metal parts in the automotive branch
- 1,500 image processing systems from OCTUM in operation worldwide
- Move to the new company building in Ilsfeld with an area of 1,200m2 and optimum room layout which allows us to set up 4 larger machines simultaneously for example
- Reinforcement of management to achieve strategic and growth goals 7% increase in sales despite the difficult market environment
- Delivery of further system solutions for surface inspection, 3D OCR and 3D inspection
- First 3D pack pattern recognition systems available
- First delivery of systems for 360° inspection of crimp caps
- Configurable CV_Inspect PC software in use for assembly inspection
- Best business year in the company's history with double figure sales increases
- New best business year in the company's history with double figure growth rates
- First OCTUM Technology Day in the Audi Forum Neckarsulm
- Further expansion of the customer base and installations
- Successful company development with, again, double figure growth rates
- New applications could be implemented successfully in the pharmaceutics branch
- Moved into the new office building with capacity for another 20 work places
- Second OCTUM Technology Day in the Audi Forum Neckarsulm
- Introduction of new fair booth design
- Further successful company development with double figure growth rates
- Purchase of land for further expansion
- Cooperation with Antares / Brescia for Track & Trace systems in pharmaceutics
- Welcomed the 30th employee
- Third OCTUM Technology Day in the Audi Forum Neckarsulm
- Introduction of CV_Inspect 2.0 and successful implementation in demanding projects, e.g. final inspection of compressor wheels
- More than 3,000 machine vision systems from Octum in operation worldwide
- 20 year anniversary of Octum GmbH
- Further profitable growth of 26% compared to the previous year
- Significant order intake from the medical technology sector
- Technically challenging major order in the field of electromechanical components
- Adapted expansion of the workforce
OCTUM representative for the North region
The Bosys Engineering company in Oldenburg is OCTUM's representative for Northern Germany and the bordering countries. Thanks to this local presence we are able to offer our customers and potential customers in the North fast response times and improved services. The cooperation focuses on acquisition and sales, local technical support for OCTUM installation will be subsequently set up and expanded.
We are certified to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015.
OCTUM is a member of the VDMA.
We are certified to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015.
We are ams tested.